Freedom Rotapower Engine Performance Advantages
- High power to weight ratio
- More than 1.5 HP per pound of installed weight in high-performance versions
- Compares with .6 HP/lb. to 1 HP/lb. for 2-strokes and .3 HP/lb. to .65 HP/lb. for 4-stroke pistons.
- High power to volume ratio
- (Power Output / Volume) > 100 HP per cubic foot of installed volume
- Compares with 36 HP/ft³ to 50 HP/ft³ for 2-strokes and 10 HP/ft³ to 20 HP/ft³ for 4-stroke piston engines.
- Few moving parts
- Moving Parts - only 2 for single rotor engine.
- Compares to 7 parts for 2-stroke and 25 parts for 4-stroke piston with same instantaneous output torque.
- Solid fuel economy
- Specific Fuel Consumption < .45 lb./HP-hr ~ (stratified charge). Expect <.4 lb./HP-hr when both stratified charged and direct injected.
- Compares to .65 lb./HP-hr for 2-strokes and ~ .4 lb/HP-hr for the best 4-stroke piston.
- Proven multi-fuel performer
- Very low emissions levels
- Enhanced energy at exhaust
- Acts like a naturally occuring thermal reactor
- Ideal for turbocharge/co-generation applications
- Low vibration levels
- Hard mounted engine can be used as part of the structure
- Modular design
- Stacking of rotors easily extends range of available power